Dermatology. # Dialysis ... ADVANCE for Nurses unless you contact us for your
FREE subscription. # YES! I am a Nurse, ... Before April 22, 2015, print this page,
complete the multiple choice questions by circling the correct answer and mail or.
THE LEARNING SCOPE ▶ CE Offering • 1 Contact Hour 1. The most common population to contract lupus includes: a. Asian males b. black women c. b oth genders of Northern European decent d. elderly women 2. Fatigue, headaches and vascular complications are primarily associated with: a. discoid lupus b. acute cutaneous lupus erythematosus c. drug-induced lupus d. systemic lupus erythematosus 3. SLE-associated thrombosis can result in: a. decreased levels of vitamin C b. thyroid disease c. anemia d. stroke 4. Lupus pregnancies are considered high risk due to: a. lower extremity edema b. intrauterine growth restriction c. post-term delivery d. over-production of maternal platelets 5. The most common bacterial infection associated with SLE includes: a. herpes zoster (shingles) b. human papilloma infection c. urinary tract infection d. influenza 6. The classic diagnostic finding leading to the diagnosis of SLE is: a. low C-reactive protein level b. positive antinuclear antibody test c. lupus anticoagulant test d. electroencephalography 7. The classification of medication that can be used for mild, moderate and flares of SLE is: a. NSAIDs b. corticosteroids c. antimalarials d. anti-B cell therapy 8. Treatment and prevention recommendations for the patient with lupus includes: a. yearly pneumococcal vaccination b. isoniazid (INH) c. plasmapheresis d. hepatitis B and HIV baseline serology 9. Occupational therapy often is employed with SLE to: a. reduce pain, stiffness and inflammation b. a pply ultrasonography to give deep heat to muscles c. u tilize adaptive activities and equipment for everyday tasks d. e xercise in therapeutically heated water/pools 10. Psychological therapy may be indicated for the SLE patient due to: a. memory loss b. dealing with narcotic pain management c. prevention of flares d. energy conservation
Evaluation 1. I can recognize the most common symptoms of SLE. a. strongly agree b. agree c. neutral d. disagree e. strongly disagree 2. I can explain the potential risks and complications associated with SLE. a. strongly agree b. agree c. neutral d. disagree e. strongly disagree 3. I can identify the diagnostic testing methods for SLE. a. strongly agree b. agree c. neutral d. disagree e. strongly disagree 4. The objectives relate to the overall goal of the article. a. strongly agree b. agree c. neutral d. disagree e. strongly disagree 5. The article is well-written and logically organized, and defines terms adequately. a. strongly agree b. agree c. neutral d. disagree e. strongly disagree
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Earn 1 Contact Hour NOW!
Registration/Answer Form #430 LEARNER FEEDBACK QUESTIONS
1. A B C D 2. A B C D 3. A B C D 4. A B C D 5. A B C D 6. A B C D 7. A B C D 8. A B C D 9. A B C D 10. A B C D EVALUATION
1. A B C D E 2. A B C D E 3. A B C D E 4. A B C D E 5. A B C D E
ow many minutes H did you need to complete this CE offering? Minutes:
Before April 22, 2015, print this page, complete the multiple choice questions by circling the correct answer and mail or fax to: ADVANCE for Nurses, Learning Scope, 2900 Horizon Dr., King of Prussia, PA 19406; 610-278-1426.
CUSTOMER INFORMATION For accuracy, please print clearly. (NW) #BXNCZGC******************5-DIGIT 12345 #S15OSUB502# JOE E. SUBSCRIBER 1515 ADVANCE EXAMP LE MERION PUB, PA 19406
Name: Street Address: City: State: Daytime Phone: E-mail Address: License No. (FL required):
Make check (any checks returned for non-sufficient funds will be assessed a $25 service fee) or money order payable to Merion Publications Learning Scope, 2900 Horizon Dr., King of Prussia, PA 19406, or pay by credit card: Name of Cardholder: Credit Card No.: Exp. Date: ● American Express
THIS OFFERING EXPIRES IN 2 YEARS: APRIL 22, 2015
Keep ADVANCE Coming! This may be only a trial copy or it may be time to renew. You won’t continue to receive ADVANCE for Nurses unless you contact us for your FREE subscription.
● YES! I am a Nurse, sign me up! ● I prefer to receive a PRINT SUBSCRIPTION. ● I prefer to receive the DIGITAL EDITION. (e-mail address required below) ● I prefer to receive BOTH a print and digital edition. (e-mail address required below) Date:
JOB TITLE that best describes your position (fill in just one circle completely) RN
● Director of Nursing ● Manager/Supervisor ● Nursing Administrator ● Nursing Faculty ● Private Practice ● Staff Development ● Staff Nurse ● Program Director
● Nursing School Student ● RN ● LPN Grad. date / / ● Senior ● Non-Senior (Digital Only) ● Nursing School:
LPN ● Manager/Supervisor ● Nursing Administrator ● Nursing Faculty ● Private Practice ● Staff Development ● Staff Nurse
PRACTICE SETTING that best describes your setting (fill in just one circle completely) ● Ambulatory ● Cardiac ● Case Management ● Chemical Dependency ● Clinical Specialist ● Critical Care ● CRNA ● Dermatology ● Dialysis ● Education ● ED/ER
● Geriatrics/LTC ● Gynecology ● Home Health ● Hospice ● ICU ● Infection Control ● IV Therapy ● Managed Care ● Managerial/ Administrative ● Maternal/Child
● Med/Surg ● MR/DD ● Nursing/Clinical Informatics ● Occupational Health ● Office ● Oncology ● OR/PACU ● Orthopedics ● Pediatrics ● Psychiatric ● Public Health
● Rehab ● Research ● Sales/Marketing ● School Nurse ● Student ● Subacute ● Support Staffing ● Travel Nursing ● UR/QA